The mission of Cross Roads Bible Institute (CRBI) as a professional, lay-level school is to glorify God by equipping individuals for ministry as godly, servant-leaders of their respective local churches or ministries through the combination of instruction in the Scriptures with
theological education, practical instruction and training in ministry skills.
1. The Scriptures - We believe the Bible is the inerrant Word of God, verbally inspired in the whole and in all the parts (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
2. God - We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who created all things (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 5:3-4; Hebrews 1:1-3; Genesis 1:1).
We believe in the literal historicity of Genesis, including Gods creation of the material universe in six literal days, a literal Adam and Eve as the parents of all mankind, a literal fall, and a universal flood (Exodus 20:9-11; Romans 5:12; 2 Peter 2:5).
We believe in the virgin birth, the sinless perfection, the bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven of Jesus Christ, and in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate (Matthew 1:20-23; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Acts 1:9; Romans 8:34; Hebrews 7:24-25).
3. Man and the Fall of Man - We believe that man was created in the image of God, that through his disobedience of God, he incurred both spiritual death (separation from God) and physical death as a consequence. Through Adam's sin, man entered into a sinful state into which all people are born, consisting of the guilt of Adams first sin, and the corruption of mans nature, such that man is wholly inclined to evil continually (Genesis 1:26-27; Romans 5:12-19; 7:15-21).
4. Angels - We believe that God created sinless, spiritual beings called angels to worship and serve Him (Colossians 1:16; Isaiah 6:3; Hebrews 1:14).
We believe that Satan and some of the angels became proud and were judged by God and that Satan now rules these fallen angels called demons (1 Timothy 3:6; Matthew 25:41; Ephesians 6:11-12; 2 Corinthians 4:4).
5. Salvation - We believe in justification by Gods grace through faith alone in Jesus Christs death, burial, and resurrection, according to the Scriptures, as the basis for ones righteous standing before God. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins as a vicarious, substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified, born of the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God (Romans 5:8-9; 1 Corinthians 15:3; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Romans 3:24-26; John 3:3-6; John 1:12).
We believe those born again by the Spirit of God have eternal salvation and their salvation can never be lost or taken away (Romans 8:28-39; John 10:27-30; Romans 5:1-11).
6. The Church - We believe the Church is an elect company of believers baptized by the Holy Spirit into one body; its mission is to witness concerning its head, Jesus Christ, preaching the Gospel among all nations (Ephesians 1:3-4; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Acts 1:8).
We believe that water baptism (believers baptism) and the Lords Supper are the ordinances of the Church in this age (1 Corinthians 11:23-26; Acts 2:41).
We believe the Christian is not under the Law but that the grace of God is sufficient for the maintenance of a life of obedience to the Word of God (Romans 6:14; John 14:15; 2 Peter 3:18).
We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells, seals, and gives spiritual gifts to every believer; and that He guides, fills, teaches, and enables every believer to do the will of God as the believer trusts and obeys the Spirit (Romans 8:9; Ephesians 4:30; 1 Corinthians 12:7-11; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 5:18; 1 John 2:27).
We believe the sign gifts of the Holy Spirit, such as speaking in tongues and the gift of healing, were temporary (Ephesians 2:20; Hebrews 2:3-4; 1 Corinthians 14:1-40).
7. Last Things - We believe in the (1) the personal, physical return of Jesus Christ to rapture the Church, prior to a seven year tribulation period; (2) the personal, visible return of Jesus Christ to the earth to establish His earthly kingdom which will continue for 1,000 years; and (3) the final judgment and eternal state (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Daniel 9:24-27; 1 Thessalonians 5:9; Revelation 3:10; Matthew 24:5-21; Revelation 6:1-19:21; Isaiah 11:1-10; Revelation 19:11-21; 20:1-3, 11-15; 21:1-22:5).
We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost (Daniel 12:1-2; Revelation 21:1-22:5; 1 Thessalonians 4:17; 1 Corinthians 15:20-58; Matthew 25:41, 46; John 5:28-29; Revelation 20:11-15).
CRBI Doctrinal Statement
Goals & Objectives:
1. To honor God through the teaching of His Word (2 Tim 3:16);
2. To be A Lamp Unto My Feet and a Light Unto My Path (Ps 119:105) for Harford County and surrounding areas;
3. To mentor, train, and promote equipping of the saints in the service of Jesus Christ;
4. To function as an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, with the highest ethical and moral values and governance standards;
5. To reproduce faithful followers of Jesus Christ; and
6. To create in each person a sense of awe, excitement, and a passion to study the greatness of our God.
Biblical Authority. The Cross Roads Bible Institute is committed to the demonstrating and declaring the inerrancy, authority, and sufficiency of the Scriptures.
Academic Excellence. The Cross Roads Bible Institute is committed to offering the highest quality classes and curricula for educating and strengthening students for their place in Gods service.
Personal Godliness. The Cross Roads Bible Institute is committed to exemplifying that life is to be lived before a holy God, for His glory and His honor.
Servant-Leadership. The Cross Roads Bible Institute is committed to preparing students for effective Christian service and leadership in a multi-cultural world.
Practical Training. The Cross Roads Bible Institute is committed to offering students practical classes and discipleship that goes beyond academia to essential and effective ministry.